Flash Player updates seem to come out all the time and we certainly don’t advocate local administrative rights to users so we use a couple of batch files and Group Policy to keep machines up to date.
- Download WGET from http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ and save this to %WinDir%System32
- Create a batch file with the following code in it. This uses WGET to download the Flash Player, the -N switch checks to see if it’s newer, the -P switch saves it to a folder in our example
wget -N -P “\FITNTS01DriversAdobeFlash Player” http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
- Schedule this task to run every day using the SYSTEM account
- Create another batch file with the following code in it.
“\FITNTS01DriversAdobeFlash Playerinstall_flash_player_ax.exe” -install
- Configure Group Policy to run this batch file at computer start-up, i.e. in Computer ConfigurationWindows SettingsScripts (Startup/Shutdown)Startup